What is the 1000 books project?

1000 Books

The goal of this project is to read 1000 books. This is an arbitrary number in the sense that I could have chosen any number. I chose it because it sounded nice and well-rounded. It could have been 999, but it would have felt incomplete.

Why this challenge?

There are a lot of yearly/monthly book reading challenges. Thought it'd be nice to do one about reaching a certain number of books.

But why read 1000 books? Why the challenge?

Books can be life-changing. I want to see for myself how true that is. I consider myself a reader, and I'm a competitive person - but I have a tendency to either binge or fall into ruts which shoots your consistency to hell. If I binge - I barely remember what I've read because I move from one book to another without reflecting on what I've read. If I fall into a rut - it gets hard to start reading again. I want to be more consistent in my reading and make an actual dent in my to read list. I'm not competing against anyone with this challenge, but it's a way to hold myself accountable.

For who is this?

If you want to do any of the following:
  • become a reader
  • read more books
  • challenge yourself
  • read more diverse books
    • diverse can mean anything
  • read books you've been telling yourself you'd read, but keep procrastinating on
Rules:
  • This challenge, this project - it starts with a clean slate.
  • I have over a 100 books that I'm "reading" but can barely remember. Any book started 1 month or more ago doesn't count. Just start over.
  • When a book is read - a review must follow (even if it's only 1 sentence).
  • It's okay to combine this project with other challenges
If you'd like to join in with the challenge you're more than welcome to. To join, you don't have to read every book I'm reading (though it'd be nice to discussing them). If you have recommendations, just leave them in a comment! They're very welcome.

What about when you finish reading 1000 books?

Well, it's going to take a while to get there - but when I do, it doesn't mean I'll stop being a reader. This, in the end, is only a challenge I'm willingly doing. Once I reach this arbitrary goal - just keep reading.

If you have any questions or comments please leave them below.

Thanks for reading.
- Kudrat


Comments